Thursday, September 15, 2016

This week's menu and some specific shortcuts

For this week, I have pork chops, chicken, and cod.

The one thing I've learned is the day my box arrives, I pull out all the recipe cards and make a plan for doing prep work for the week when I cook the first meal or even when I have spare time.  For this week, here's what can be done in advance:
Pork Chops: Remove corn from cob, chop jalapeno, chop shallot, chop tomatillas, chop peppers
Chicken: Chop onion, chop fennel
Cod: Chop bell pepper, chop onion

I put the prepared items in individual plastic bags or plastic containers.    I keep the items for one meal including the knick knack bag grouped in the fridge so when I get ready to cook I can just pull everything out. If the fridge isn't too overloaded, I keep the items by shelf.  If there happens to be lots in the fridge that week, I just group everything in a larger container.

No comments:

Post a Comment